Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Solution

I have finally found a solution for managing our finances. As a CPA, I have had the opportunity to use many different financial software packages, but could never find a perfect fit for our personal finances. I created a template in excel that handles it all. I needed to be able to forecast our income and expenses on a weekly basis, as well as, track our historical transactions. This new solution allows me to reconcile my file with our online banking activity each day (it is a breeze and takes me only a few minutes each morning). The best part is I can forecast out for several months to get a good picture of where we are going. Oh yeah - I built a budget feature that allows me to average our weekly spending so that I can compare it to our monthly budget.
It feels great to be in control!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nancy!!! I didn't know you had a blog until I saw that you had visited mine! I will add you to my blog roll so that I can keep up with the Furr/Martins. I love all your pics!

    ReplyDelete